I had the same problem. I live alone and I only cleaned the chairs with warm water and a sponge.

I purchased the black folio chairs for $219.00 about 7 years ago. The cahirs are now $259.00 and they told me they would replace the chairs at the same price with a 10 % user fee. They also told me I had to pay $613.00 to replace the chairs that had a defect to begin with. Somehow this does not seem right.

I want to get as many people together as possible and go to corporate. Why should I pay for a chair that was defective?

Product or Service Mentioned: Crate And Barrel Chair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Bought same chairs in 2011 same thing happening. Contacting crate and barrel now

SAME situation - shocking that this is happening to so many people. Wish I had read the reviews BEFORE I bought the chairs.

I purchased them in 2007 and just noticed cracks and peeling. This is unacceptable. Subpar quality - never would have expected this from C&B. Chairs were NOT cheap.

Waiting to see what they will do, so far they will give me 1/2 back - this is totally wrong.

"Leather" chairs should last longer than 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deplorable.

I am going through the same thing regarding these Folio chairs. Four of the six Folio chairs that I purchased in late 2009 are cracked and peeling. I am ready to file a law suit.

We are going through the same experience. What to do?