Bridgeport, Connecticut

Update by user Jan 13

I would say that no the complaint was not rectified to my satisfaction. I ultimately demanded a full refurn based on the deceptive nature of their order and shipping practices.

Promising delivery then no delivery multiple times. i wrote a complaint to their customer service and a week and a half after Christmas (6 weeks after original order) I got a response that they were happy customer service could help and refund my money.

No words about the fact that due to their repeated delays i had to find and order the original gift from another source and pay for expetied shipping to get a delivery before Christmas. Crate and Barrell is definitely what it use to be and their delivery and their customer service tells lies and decieves customers into not cancelling orders when C&B knew the order was in fact not going out due to their incompetence.

Original review posted by user Dec 14, 2018

After waiting 3 weeks, and multiple 1hr or more calls and emails with your customoer service I was told my order was stuck in picking that this happens at times and they wiould push it through and expedite shipping. After 5 days and no gift received i again went through the hours on the phone and email and was given a tracking number.

When I checked the number Fedex had no record of the number. I again made hour long calls too finally be told oh sorry sold out. this was 3 weeks after the ordering, 1 week after the promise of expedited, and 1 daty after being given a tracking number. Crate and Barrel should be ashamed of its deceptive practices.

Even your customer services rep wa exasperated due to the poorly managed warehouse system of warehouse 199 I had to order elsewhere (AMAZON) and pay expedited shipping for the needed arrival. Thanks CB for an additional $30 charge on top of the cost of the item because of incompetance or just plain lies and deceptive business practices.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Crate And Barrel Cons: Deceptive business practices or poor management.

• Unhappy Christmas Shopper

Comments

Our family has mutually agreed to terminate the gifting aspect of Christmas. We'll stick with a tree, dinner, songs, and some dessert I shouldn't eat.

We're all lucky enough and work hard enough to have everything we want or need and have decided against feeding into the commercial mayhem (feeding or being consumed by ?) . No more problems.