1.6

I ordered a Pro Audio addon C5 Wifi speaker from Create and Barrel on Black Friday 2017 because of discount and free standard shipping of 3-7 business days. Received a confirmation email that it was being prepared for shipping within minutes.

Called after 5 business days when I did not receive a shipping notice. Told to call back after 10 business days. Called back at 10 business days, I was told delays due to unprecedented order volume over holidays. Told to call back in a few days if nothing changed.

Called back 3 business days later, was told the item is drop shipped directly from the vendor, the vendor changed warehouses and it caused a delay, and that the item arrived in a pallet from the vendor and to call back Friday, 16 business days from the order date, if no shipment tracking information has been received. Contacted C&B via chat on the Friday morning and was told variations of the first two excuses. I said that is not good enough at this point, I requested the rep follow-up on the order and change shipping to expedited at their expense and to contact me when completed, today. No answer by 3PM, called again and found out drop shipping is handled by an entirely different department and she can only email them, and will call me back when she receives a response from them.

The entire experience is a customer service fiasco without anyone knowing what they are doing.

My experience with drop shipping anything has never been this poor, and C&B only compounds the issue with poorly trained customer service people who do not understand their business and how their operations work. That a relatively small item is still unshipped after 16 days, it is no wonder Amazon is killing brick and mortar based businesses like C&B.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Discount offered.

I didn't like: Long delays, Poor customer service, Affect on my time, Incorrect information, Regret decision.

Comments