2.2
Style and Design

I ordered a changing tray and dresser for my grandson’s nursery. The shipping was outside their area so it cost $300. When I submitted the order it said in stock, ready to ship, arrives in 2-4 weeks.

Two weeks after I ordered it, it had not shipped, so I called C&R. I was told the dresser would arrive in the warehouse 27 days after I ordered it, then it would take 2-3 weeks for delivery.

It showed on my orders that it was picked up by a freight company, was on it’s way. It never arrived. I called C&R and they claimed they could not find the dresser—this took about 1.5 weeks.

They ordered a replacement. It again had to be shipped to their warehouse and then sent by ground freight to be delivered and it would take another 4-6 weeks for that process.

I started calling earlier on the replacement because the baby was due any day. They finally told me it would be delivered 4 weeks after it left the warehouse. It was scheduled for that week. They did refund my $300 shipping fee.

It was never delivered. I called the following week. I talked to a manager who discovered the dresser had been damaged and could not be delivered.

So I ordered the dresser July 3, I found out on September 24 that it could not be delivered. I cancel the order.

I discovered the first dresser was also damaged in shipping. My biggest complaint is that not once did Crate & Barrel call me to let me know the status of two damaged dressers, I also could not get anyone to follow through on my inquiries until it was past the date the dresser was supposed to be delivered.

My order was escalated, it was prioritized, it did no good. I called at least a dozen times, I sent a half a dozen e-mails, which by the way take days to answer.

My grandson arrived on 10/5, he had no dresser/changing table. Just an empty space in his nursery. My daughter bought a dresser locally last week, it’s being delivered today. So less than a week and it also had to be shipped from the warehouse.

Why can’t Crate and Barrel follow their deliveries? It doesn’t make sense when Amazon ships millions of orders and tells you exactly where it is as it makes it’s way to the customer.

I received a $50 gift card for my trouble, but I am not sure I even want anything this company is selling.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 10.

Comments