Crate And Barrel - Crate & Barrel Sofa: Brand new, frayed, 6 mo to resolution: no help
Update added by user May 04, 2015
Within 30 minutes of posting this review, C&B called me back and has at least offered to cover the cost of back panel (previously at my cost) and provide a list of recommended installers in my area.
I also posted a review on the website and on houzz, so unclear what was the driving factor to a quick change in response----regardless, we appear to be moving in the right direction now.
Original review posted by user May 04, 2015
Bought a Crate & Barrel sofa in May 2014. It didn't arrive until July 2014. Got all the extra fabric protections etc. Put it in a minimally used room.
Noticed in the fall that due to metal tabs on the corner, the edges frayed. The earliest record I have of a response from Crate & Barrel customer service is 12/4/14. The answer was, we'll dispatch a furniture medic to assess it. This individual did not come until over a month later. Had to build schedule around their timing. Individual made me very uncomfortable and never spoke with me, left without saying goodbye.
I reach out to Crate & Barrel after no response and they inform me that it is my fault and due to wear and tear. I explain that the sofa well under a year old and in a minimally used room, to no avail. Frankly, it's completely reasonable to think that an expensive, new sofa should be able to handle basic use without fraying. This one had far less than basic use. A month later, in late February, we finally are able to get a second medic. This individual reviews the sofa and speaks with me, hears the whole story of when I bought it, how long it's been since it arrived,etc. He evaluates and says conclusively it is not a use issue and is due to the metal tab (which is also causing fraying on the opposite corner.)
I follow up repeatedly with Crate & Barrel because they do not contact me. I am told "we are still working on this" two weeks later. I continue to follow up. Finally, in May, I am contacted after I email again and tweet my frustration.
Crate & Barrel says that the supervisor was brought in and changed the verdict (conveniently in favor of Crate & Barrel). Ostensibly this accounts for the two month+ delay from when the second medic visited and I (at my repeated inquiry) was given a response. It is my fault for misusing (looking at? sitting on?) the sofa and they are "happy to sell me a replacement panel, but it might not match." Also I will have to "google a furniture medic" and pay for the installation. This response was provided without any actual dollar figure for the cost. They said they'd have to follow up on that. Maybe another month, I'm guessing?
My conclusions from this experience: a) Crate & Barrel furniture is overpriced and poorly made. I barely used this $1400 sofa and in less than six months of ownership, the fabric frayed due to, apparently, my fault. b) Crate & Barrel will not stand by the quality of its products---in fact, they do everything in their power, including changing third party evaluations after the fact---do escape liability c) Crate & Barrel does not respond rapidly, proactively or sympathetically to legitimate customer issues.
The vendor for this sofa is Shenandoah Furniture Company. They, naturally, claim it is not a manufacturing defect. The safe is Crate & Barrel's Margot sofa in Putty.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Sofa before it frayed
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Margot Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The same thing happened to us with the same exact number of Folio Oyster colored chairs which we purchased seven years ago and about two years ago they started to..."
- "Simply was trying to have a part replaced for a planter that's finish was incredibly non durable and scraped off with the slightest abrasion. It took weeks to get replies..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "College Pro painters do NOT prep the surface prior to painting and then claim the warranty doesn't cover decks or steps. I have people come to my house and ask..."
- "DailySteals advertises refurbished electronics that are supposed to work. The prices are low but BEWARE! What you will receive will be broken and not in working order. They do not..."
- "This was an unauthorized transaction I agreed to pay shipping only ($5.00) approximately,so how did they get over and beyond the shipping fee almost $100.00.They stated the product was free..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."