1.8
Style and Design

i concur, worst chairs ever.

we have 6 dining chairs and 5 barstools.

cant even give them away.

the "leather" is peeling, cracking. They sat untouched for 2 years and we started using them 3 years ago and they just fell apart.

Leather restorer wont take my $, not worth it he said. He thought the chairs were from some cheap furniture place. Not even sure they are leather - some type of low grade bonded leather maybe.

Crate and Barrel says due to wear and tear...(if i wear sandpaper as pants). They offer us nothing online, told me to ask the local store.

I think I will drop off a few chairs in their showroom....

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of crate and barrel folio dining chair from Crate And Barrel and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Crate And Barrel to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Crate And Barrel for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Crate And Barrel?

Comments

I have the same problem with mine!The leather looks amazing in all places where skin does not contact.

But on the seats, and on the top corners of the backs (where you hold them to slide them out), the leather is AWFUL, and peels off just like masking tape. You stick to them when you sit, and the leather peels and slides all over the place. I have seriously thought about taking all of them to the showroom too...I have emailed with C&B customer service and it was a run-around joke. I even sent the awful pictures.

Have you thought about removing the seat leather (which should be too hard--sandpaper should do the trick, geesh).Then using leather paint that matches, then sealing?

unhappycbcustomer
to Heather San Diego, California, United States #1335151

Hi.It does suck for the amount of $$ paid

I ended bringing them into the store.

At first they were just going to give me current value which was 700$ for all 5 barstools.

I said no way. With proof of purchase/order number they refunded me what I paid.

But the dining chairs they couldn't find original order# and I couldn't produce proof of purchase so I only rec'd 67$ per chair.

I got 2200$ in store credit. Better than nothing and way better than sitting on those chairs. I had mine the garage for a year.

Cb is very well aware of the issues with the old folio chairs.

They admitted to me that it has been a problem but they won't do anymore for me. I don't even want to shop w them.

Current barstools w REAL leather is 530$ each.Good luck!

to unhappycbcustomer #1335225

I have 8(!) folio chairs in ivory or as they were called.They continue to peel and crack even so they have only ever been seldom used.

We were offered a small amount on the condition that they all be returned to the store. The money does not cover even purchasing half the amount of

new chairs.

I wish the company would finally own up to the fact that it is a defective material that was used!I believe they should offer a recall on those chairs and make good on a similar replacement as they do not sell

them any more.

unhappycbcustomer
to Too embarr***ed too have peopl San Diego, California, United States #1335235

Trust me I tried to get replacement cost but they said the new Folio chairs are Top-grain leather so not the same.

I recall the original Folio chairs advertised as real leather too but they said it's bicast (bonded leather).Too bad I dont have a screenshot of the original Folio chairs description.

They admitted to me that they are defective so they are willing to give me some $ as goodwill gesture even after the warranty period.

I said if they are defective I should get all my $ back.

Good luck!

I filed complaint online and then @ store of purchase. I pestered them and brought in a few chairs to show them. They relented and said if I brought all of them in they would allow me to return them for some $.

Like I said prior 2200$ for 5 barstools and 6 dining chairs is acceptable at this time.I just wish it was credit to my card instead of store credit.

I dont even know how to spend it.